Hudson Community Foundation is a proud to be accredited by the National Standards for U.S. Community Foundations. This means that we have met the nation’s highest philanthropic standards for operational quality, integrity and accountability. The program requires community foundations to document their policies for donor services, investments, grantmaking and administration. Less than 60 percent of foundations comply.
Our Development Philosophy is:
- We welcome gifts of any size from people of all backgrounds and means.
- We strive for the highest standards of careful stewardship and integrity in respecting the donor’s desire and intent.
- We ensure that a gift today remains relevant for the future.
- We encourage gifts that support creative and flexible responses to community needs, and work closely with donors to bring such gifts to life.
HCF can accept and hold a wide array of assets. Below you’ll find a brief overview of some of the most common types of assets that you can donate to a named Fund at HCF.
- Publicly traded securities
- Closely held stock
- Life insurance
- Real estate
- IRA assets
While most donors choose to make contributions to HCF by check or by contributing publicly traded securities, some donors make gifts from more complex assets. HCF can accept and hold a wide array of assets. As always, you should consult with your legal, tax, and financial advisor(s) prior to making a contribution.
We accept gifts from individuals, families, organizations, businesses, trusts and estates. Multiple donors may pool their gifts into a single fund within the Foundation.